BOC has introduced a new backfeed service, which it says makes shutdowns easier to handle.
The company explained: “The backfeed kit offers a safer, easier, lighter, and more secure solution for supplying medical gas pipeline systems while the pipeline infrastructure is isolated.” The backfeed service includes:
- Consultation at planning stage.
- Delivery and set-up of 1 to 24 backfeed supplies and cylinders.
- A BOC engineer on site to manage the equipment.
Customers using the backfeed service gain from:
- An ‘end-to-end service’ from BOC.
- Elimination of the risk associated with large cylinders.
- No high pressure connection.
- Elimination of unsafe storage practices in patient environments.
BOC said: “Customer feedback on the service has been very positive.” Clive Myatt, technical services manager at Cofely added: “We have found the backfeed kits very easy to use – especially in terms of moving them around the hospital. The cylinders are mounted with their own trolley, which reduces handling issues and noise. The higher capacity cylinders also result in fewer changeovers. Using the backfeed kits for programmed works has been very beneficial.”
The backfeed service has also been successfully used by Skanska recently at London’s Barts Hospital.
More about BOC Healthcare