PACS console receives ‘overwhelmingly positive response’
Bender says it has received ‘an overwhelmingly positive response’ from hospitals to the ‘premium’ PACS console used to equip operating theatres.
The Bender PACS Console, which the company says ‘employs ultra-HD display technology to deliver superior quality images to clinicians viewing scans and other patient information’, has been installed in a number of recent hospital projects, including two leading teaching hospitals in London. Complementing control panels and OpenOR integrated theatre technology supplied by Bender UK throughout the UK and Ireland, the display panels ‘fit seamlessly’ into walls and infrastructure alongside CP9 24 in touchscreen theatre control panels, ‘ensuring a consistent look and feel within the operating theatre’. The flush-fit glass displays are available in 21 to 55-inch sizes, and with 4K resolution in 27, 32, 43, 49, and 55 in monitors. All consoles can be configured as single or dual systems, and can link to slave displays. The PACS has a separate display screen and backbox configuration that allows maintenance updates to undertaken away from the front panel, ‘without compromising theatre availability or hygiene’.
Other key features include:
- IP65-rated anti-reflective, anti-glare, and anti-fingerprint glass screens.
- Fan-less cooling technology – ‘reducing turbulence of harmful bacteria in the theatre’.
- Low voltage boards consume less power and emit less heat.
- Consoles can be pre-set for DICOM, and connect seamlessly with Merivaara operating lights and a variety of medical imaging input devices and systems.
- Customised options include RFID readers, barcode scanners, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compliance with EM60601 and relevant healthcare OR display standards
Head of Healthcare at Bender UK, Ricky Barker, said: “Customers have been delighted with these new displays’ performance, and we have received an extremely positive response from NHS Trusts and private hospitals. Investment in HD and 4K monitors means clinical staff are presented with images of the sharpest quality. Separate two-part installation of the back-box and front fascia ensures optimum flexibility for maintenance, limiting the theatre access required.”
Bender UK offers turnkey solutions for operating room new build or upgrades, ‘with expert guidance and technical support to select the most suitable configurations’ of its PACS Consoles and complementary CP9 theatre control panels.